Here are the restrictions we are aware of when it comes to SMS delivery on all GSM Networks.
- For better delivery to Glo numbers, avoid using consecutive numbers longer than 4 digits in the body of your message. For example phone numbers and bank account numbers. Always split the numbers, e.g. 0808 7060 320.
- Avoid using the names of the GSM Operators (MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile etc) or "180", "INFO", "rNotify" in or as your sender name.
- Avoid including any number in your sender name.
- We recommend sticking to a consistent sender name or avoid making to many variations.
- Do not use sender names belonging to any duly registered brand, company, bank, financial institutions, NGOs, popular figure, politician, or icon other than yours.
- Do not include words associated with terrorist movements e.g. "Boko" in your sender name.
- Do not send lewd / sexually explicit contents in your SMS message body.
- Do not include any variation of these words in your SMS message body: wow, promo, code, congrat, yellow, Y'ello.
While this is not an exhaustive list of restricted SMS content, we would advise that you test any new sender name before using it widely. Sometimes even these restrictions are not wholly implemented and some of the SMS messages get delivered, while at other times they may not get delivered at all.
Also, we advise that you avoid using registered trademarks and names of well-known organizations when sending SMS as this could lead to instant suspension of your EbulkSMS account.