The conventional or normal text messaging has been and still is, the "traditional" way by which SMS is sent from the sender's mobile phone to the recipient. It is usually seen as an alternative to a phone call, especially if the recipient is not reachable at the time. However, sending SMS using the conventional way tends to be cumbersome when sending a large volume of text messages to a long list of contacts at once. This is where BulkSMS becomes advantageous.
Bulk SMS is a term used to describe a large volume of text messages (SMS) that is sent over the internet to many mobile phone numbers at once. SImply put, Bulk SMS is text messaging on a large scale. These text messages are usually delivered instantaneously, and in an orderly manner, to the recipient's phone within seconds or minutes depending on the volume sent. One of its benefits is that you get to use your own self-chosen sender name, (also known as sender ID), in that, once your recipients receive your messages, they know it is from you, without necessarily having you on their contact list or phonebook.
Bulk SMS is much cheaper than conventional text messaging from mobile phones, with a unique eleven (11) characters sender ID and prompt delivery reports. It has more features than mobile text messaging. It can be integrated into any web applications, systems, software and portals for customized use.
BulkSMS features include, but it's not limited to the following;
- An effective method of direct message across all cellular networks.
- Send messages from your own computer at home.
- Instant speedy dispatch of thousands of SMS at a single click.
- Long/multi-page SMS with up to six (6) pages (918 characters) in one message
- Easy to use online desktop and mobile application
- Automatic insertion of entity names and surname in sending customized SMS.
- Easy and advanced phonebook/ contacts management - Online backup of all your contacts, including automatic removal of duplicate numbers. You can also retrieve your saved contacts on any device, at any time, and anywhere.
- SMS scheduling - arrange SMS to automatically send and deliver at a later date
- Send SMS to certain numbers in groups
- Downloadable delivery reports for every sent message
- Integration with existing systems using APIs