Ever wondered how to keep your number and contacts safe from blockage no matter how long you are away in the event that you travel out of the country or just left the sim dormant?
How about also safely storing and backing up your contacts to ensure you have access to all your contacts when you are away?
Keep My Number(KMN) is a special service from MTN that allows you retain your numbers when you travel out of the country or stay inactive/dormant for more than 180days.
Reasons why you should keep your number
• Prevents your MTN number from being disconnected or re-cycled.
• To avoid high roaming charges while trying to keep your SIM active.
• It saves you the cost of reprinting business cards and updating websites when your number gets disconnected and recycled.
• You will have your number reserved irrespective of how long you stay out of the Country.
How To Activate MTN Keep My Number
• Recharge your account with sufficient airtime.
• Dial *365# or send an SMS with your preferred keyword to 36500.
• Once you subscribe for the service, a subscription fee will be deducted from your account.
• As soon as MTN confirms your payment, your number will then be kept in the KMN list depending on your subscription for 1 year, 2 years OR 3 years.
After 365 days( a year), your number will be taken off the MTN Keep My Number list and disconnected from the network. So you this means, you will only subscribe once in a year.
Safely storing and backing up your contacts to ensure you have access to all your contacts when you are away has also been made easy on Ebulksms
One of the amazing features of a Bulk SMS account is storing and managing your phone book or contacts conveniently and making it easy for you to access and manage your contacts from any device and/or web-based platform.
Simple steps to create a contact group and add your contacts
1.Log in to your Ebulksms account here
2. Click on "Contact Groups" on the menu side bar
3.On the "Contact Groups" page, select "New Group" to create a Group for your intended contacts. Enter the Group Name and Description, then click on the "Submit" button.
Add Contacts To a Group.
1.Click on "All Contacts"
2.Click to select contacts you want to move to the Group you have created. You can also type in phone numbers in the search box as illustrated in the image above.
3.Once contacts have been selected, scroll or swipe downwards to select the Group created, and then click on "Move selected contacts to group