The introduction of the cashless policy in more states in Nigeria means that there are more Nigerians seeking to use online channels to pay for goods and services online.
One major problem that is being faced by this constantly growing number of customers is their inability to complete their payments online using the debit cards issued to them by a number of banks in Nigeria.
Many of these people usually resign in frustration after multiple attempts to complete a payment on a merchant's site using their valid Visa cards.
This post should serve as a guide for you to obtain the security tokens necessary for you to be able to use your Visa card to make payments online.
How to verify your Visa card:
- Locate a nearest VISA/VPAY enabled ATM.
- Insert your card and punch in your PIN.
- Select the Change PIN option.
- Select the Internet PIN (iPIN) change option.
- Insert any four to six digits of your choice as your internet PIN (iPIN). <<< This is your password.
- Re-enter the digits you entered in previous step (5) above.
If you followed these steps above correctly
You will receive a message stating that your iPIN was changed successfully.
You should now be able to make payments online using your Visa card and the new iPIN as your secure password.
Also, please note that the terms iPIN, Password and VbV code all mean the same and can be used interchangeably.