Prior to this, we talked about How to Transfer Money Using the First Bank Mobile App where a detailed description was discussed on how it works. Now we would delve into how to make transfers using the USSD code.
As technology evolves, the financial sector is not left behind as several softwares have been developed to make banking easier and faster. One of such is the USSD code for mobile phones. USSD means Unstructured Supplementary Service Data and is a service which allows you pay your bills and do other transactions by simply dialing a short code on your phone, and they are also called Quick Codes.
Almost all banks in Nigeria now have their special USSD codes for mobile money transactions, but in this article we would be focusing on a detailed description of how the First Bank USSD code operates.
NOTE: No data or smart phone is required to make it work.
1. To register dial *894*0# and select 1 to create Pin.
2. To transfer dial *894*amount*account number#.
3. To buy airtime (self) dial *894*amount#.
4. To buy airtime(others) dial *894*amount*phonenumber#.
5. To check balance dial *894*00#.
6. To pay bills dial *894# and select 4 to Pay Bills.
7. To reset pin dial *894*0#.
And there you have it! easiest steps to making transfers so you could purchase units.