As technology evolves, the financial sector is not left behind as software has been developed to make banking easier and faster. One of such is the USSD code for mobile phones - USSD means Unstructured Supplementary Service Data. The USSD, also referred to as Quick Codes or Transfer Codes, enables you to pay your bills and do other transactions by simply dialing a shortcode on your phone.
Almost all banks in Nigeria have their special USSD codes for mobile money transactions, but in this article, we would be focusing on how to use the First Bank USSD code.
NOTE: No data or smartphone is required to make it work.
1. To register dial *894*0# and select 1 to create Pin.
2. To transfer dial *894*amount*account number#.
P.S: You can buy SMS units to fund your EbulkSMS account using the First Bank's Transfer code as below;
3. To buy airtime (self) dial *894*amount#.
4. To buy airtime(others) dial *894*amount*phonenumber#.
5. To check balance dial *894*00#.
6. To pay bills dial *894# and select 4 to Pay Bills.
7. To reset pin dial *894*0#.
Need to know your bank's USSD code? Please click here.