At first our engineers were baffled by this dilemma seeing that most users could log in normally while others occasionally when they switched to MTN data plan could not.
We gathered data on this occurrence for several weeks and carried out some tests with MTN data logins without any hint as to the cause of this problem as we just could not be replicate the issue at our end.
However, after one of our engineers carried some thorough research about the data plans and methods that some Nigerian’s use in accessing the internet we were able to narrow down this problem to one of two sources.
It was either the work of a malware on the users’ computer, or the “Simple server” proxy software configuration was tripping some unexpected behaviours.
On one occasion we noticed malware, but that was just on one of the users’ browser.
Finally, we observed that our session cookies were being deleted once the user logged in which made the sessions invalid.
- First, get access to a normal internet service or data plan that does NOT use Simple server proxy.
- Disable your proxy settings in all your browsers that you want to use to login.
- Here is a screenshot for how to do this in Firefox by selecting the “No proxy” option.
Click Options => Advanced => Network => Settings... which will bring up this screen below.
- Click “OK” to accept and confirm the new settings.
- Next, ensure you are connected to a normal internet service without Simple server.
- Then, visit our website or any other site that you are having difficulties logging into.
- Now, you should be able to login normally so go right ahead and log in.
- After you have successfully logged into our bulk SMS site, you can disconnect from the normal internet and reactivate your Simple server proxy settings.
- Voila! That’s all you need to do.
- You will have to repeat this every time you log out of any site that has the challenge.