What is the InterSwitch Safetoken Service?
This is a system that generates a 6-8 digit One-Time-Password (OTP) whenever a transaction is initiated via the InterSwitch Web Payment Platform.
The customer’s card would have been previously linked to his phone number for him/her to utilize this service. At the point of initiating a transaction, the customer may receive an OTP via hardware/software devices, grid cards or SMS and then he is required to input this OTP on the web payment platform in order to complete the payment.
Why can I carry out some transactions without an OTP?
Not all transactions today require an OTP. You are prompted to input an OTP only for transactions the bank considers to be high risk such as instant value transactions.
How can I register for the Safetoken service on the ATM?
- Go to the nearest ATM, and insert your ATM card
- Input your 4-digit PIN and press Enter
- Select your bank account type e.g. Savings or Current
- Select the ‘Quickteller’ option from the ATM menu screen
- Select ‘Pay Bills’ from the Quickteller menu list on the ATM screen
- Select ‘Others’ for the bill payment menu option list
- Enter ‘322222’ as the Biller Code
- Enter your Phone Number as the Customer Reference Number and select ‘Proceed’
- You will get a display “Do you want to make this payment?” Amount Due: N1
DO NOT edit the amount to be paid
- Click on “Pay amount due”
- You will then get a confirmation page indicating the registration was successful